Hello and welcome to the Department of Geography, Geoinformatics and Climatic Sciences, one of the Departments within the School of Forestry, Environmental and Geographical Sciences, Makerere University.
We offer crosscutting academic programmes and research, combining the aspects of Human, Physical and Environmental Geography. Our research foci spans climate science, climate change and earth observation; Coupled human-environment systems, demography and development; disaster risk management and reduction and Urban and regional systems, transformations and sustainability.We are a highly networked Department working with several local, regional and international collaborators to address some of the contemporary issues of our time. We are open to more partnerships and collaborations.
We are currently running the following graduate and undergraduate programmes;
- PhD in Geography (by Research)
- Masters of Geographical Sciences (2 years)
- Master of Science in Disaster Risk Management (2 years)
- Master of Land use and Regional Development Planning (2 years)
- Master of Science in Applied Meteorology (2 years) (NEWLY APPROVED)
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology (3 years)
- Bachelor of Geographical Sciences (3 years)
The following programmes are in their final approval stages and will soon be launched;
- PhD in Disaster Risk Management
- Master of Science in Climate Change and Sustainability
Assoc Prof. Frank Mugagga