In 2000 through a generous assistance of Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) funding in support of Makerere University, a Meteorology Unit (Met Unit) under the Department of Geography, Geoinformatics & Climatic Sciences was founded. The goal of the Unit is to improve the meteorology discipline capacity and performance in the University and the country as a whole through training and research.
To develop into a leading research and training center of excellence in climate and related disciplines at both national and international levels.
To provide high quality training and research in climate and its related disciplines to address the current national and global needs.
- To produce personnel with appropriate technical and management skills in Meteorology.
- To produce professionals who will undertake research in climate and related discipline
- To strengthen the standard of basic and applied research in Meteorology that addresses national and global needs.
- To form and strengthen collaborations and interlinkages with local and international research and training institutions.
- To build capacity of the Meteorology Unit staff through training, research and staff exchangees with collaborating institutions.
- To formulate strategies of disseminating climate information through meetings, sensitization workshops, conferences and seminars with the stakeholders.
The Met Unit is blessed with highly qualified climate scientists, computer facilities, workstations, and mordern reading environment.
Post Graduate Diploma in Meteorology
Bachelor of Science in Meteorology
Coordinator Meteorology Unit, Mr. Alex Nimusiima
Meteorology Unit – Department of Geography, Geo-informatics and Climatic Sciences
P.O Box 7062, Kampala (Uganda)
Tel: +256 772393435
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coordinator: Dr. Saul Daniel Ddumba
Tel: +256 780 505331
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org