The Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training invites applications for admission to Graduate Programmes (Masters and Doctoral degree Programmes) for the 2015/2016 Academic Year. Applicants should have obtained at least a first degree or its equivalent from a recognized and chartered university/institution. Get more details here.
Please strictly observe the closing date of 27th November 2015 and interviews (where applicable) will be conducted 3rd – 4th December 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.h, 2015.
The Makerere-Sida research programme has secured a grant to support graduate training at the different levels, namely, PhD degree (125), Master degree (147), and post-doc research fellowship (65).
PhD. DEGREES BY RESEARCH ONLY:
All Colleges offer PhD degrees by Research and Applicants for PhD by Research should have a Masters degree in a field relevant to their area of further studies. Applicants will be required to submit their applications to the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University, Senate Building, Level Four, Room 410, with a Concept paper/synopsis, a statement of motivation; . For further information, please visit our website http://rgt.mak.ac.ug check on applying.
It is obligatory that students admitted to the PhD by Research programme shall under take training in the cross-cutting courses.
Masters Degree Programs
All masters programs in the University are eligible. See a complete list from here.
- Hard copies of application forms are obtainable from the Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, 4th Floor, Senate Building, Room 410 after payment of an application fee of Ug.shs 50,000/= (Ugandan applicants) to any Stanbic Bank Branch and DFCU Bank using Makerere University paying-in-bank slips.
- Application forms can also be downloaded from our Website:http://rgt.mak.ac.ug/graduate-training/applications
- Completed application forms should be returned to the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University, Senate Building, Level Four, Room 410 and must be accompanied by relevant supporting certified copies of certificates, and academic transcripts, and the letters of referees. Please strictly observe the closing date of 27th November 2015 and interviews (where applicable) will be conducted 3rd – 4th December 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.h, 2015.
- All Applicants for Master of Business Administration (College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School will do a GMAT test on dates to be communicated by College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School respectively.
- In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants for Master of Public Infrastructure Management (MPIM) must have “Proven professional experience of at least 2 years at managerial/supervisory level or policy-decision making position in a government, parastatal organ, international organisation or non-governmental organisation” Applicants should attach a 2- page short CV and referee recommendations.
- For detailed information about the Programmes, content and regulations can be obtained from the University Website or contact the Principals of the respective Colleges and Schools.