Theme: Economic impact of climate change: What does it mean for Uganda’s development?
An outreach event/workshop has occurred today to communicate the results of a study on – Economic Assessment of the impacts of climate change in Uganda. The high level national outreach event is due to take place on Tuesday 24 November 2015 at Protea Hotel, Kampala, Uganda. For a detailed program, please visit here.
The key note speaker for the event was the Honourable Minister of Water and Environment. Representatives from the central and local governments, business community, civil society, academia and development partners are expected to attend will respond to the findings.
The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) has been supporting the Government of Uganda to conduct a study on the Economic Impact of Climate Change and the study was concluded in October 2015. The study has already generated a high level interest in Uganda and elsewhere, and without further investment in a phase of outreach/communications, there is a risk that the significant investment made in the study will not achieve as great an impact. CDKN is supporting outreach activities to communicate the findings of the study which include, among others, a high-level national outreach event. The outreach involves policy-orientated discussions about the study results, to spread the messages wider in society and how the Government of Uganda can use the results to invest in climate compatible development.
The reports for findings can be accessed at the following links.
- Economic assessment of the impacts of Climate Change in Uganda_Infrastructure sector. Infrastructure sector report
- Economic assessment of the impacts of Climate Change in Uganda_Agricultural sector.Agricultural sector report
- Economic assessment of the impacts of Climate Change in Uganda_Energy sector. Energy sector report
- Economic assessment of the impacts of Climate Change in Uganda_Water sector.Water sector report
- Regional workshop for lessons learned sharing, organized on April 15th -16th, 2014 in Kampala, at Makerere University. More…
- Lessons learned from previous economic assessments. Economic Assessment of the Impacts of Climate Change in Uganda. Download full report
- Regional-scale Climate Change Projections of Annual, Seasonal and Monthly Near-Surface Temperatures and Rainfall in Uganda. Economic Assessment of the Impacts of Climate Change in Uganda . Regional-scale Climate Change Projections